Create header element
- Header elements are only selectable as elements in the header area (Kopfbereich) of your page.
- Click on the + Content button and select the Header-Media Element (3:1-ratio) element under the Widgets tab.
- To insert an image, click Add media file in the General tab.
- Select an image file from your file list or upload a file to the appropriate folder.
- To insert a video, click Add media by URL & paste the full URL of a YouTube or Vimeo video into the mask that appears in an overlapped window.
Insert headline (optional)
- You have the option to place a Headline.
- In the Content tab, an H2 tag is assigned by default. If necessary, change this setting via Type and Headline Size (more about Headlines ❯).
- In the Settings tab, you can use the Vertical and Horizontal Position to determine the exact position of your headline.
General notes for files:
- When using photographs, the file format JPEG is recommended. Graphics can also be PNG files.
- In toujou, media files must not exceed a size of 8 MB.
- Each file only needs to be uploaded once to your filelist.
- Each file can be edited in the image editor for different devices and used multiple times on your website in various elements.
Advice for header videos:
- Be sure to use a moderate file size as this may affect the performance of your website.
- When embedded, platforms such as YouTube and Vimeo insert links and suggestions to the screen that may seem out of place in the header. For this, the inclusion of a video as a media content element might be advisable.
This element is useful, if all image information should be transported on all devices and your header image/video should not be cut off at the sides. It always retains its aspect ratio regardless of the device.